Friday, June 28, 2013

A GREAT READ

I love books. There is so much to learn and enjoy in reading. You can travel the world and never leave your easy chair or spend a dime. It is joyous entertainment as well as intellectual inspiration.

It has been my habit for years to make a weekly trip to the library. Books are free at the library, and free is better than cheap.

One book that I am really enjoying is the daily devotional book that Wanda and I are reading through this year. It is the One Year Devotional for Couples entitled Love Talk by Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott. It is so insightful.

They speak where I live. They motivate and encourage. They convict and cleanse. They have blessed our marriage.

Here are a few quotes that stand out:

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. -- Aristotle

Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy, you must have somebody to divide it with.
--  Mark Twain

Lord, grant that I might not so much seek....to be loved as to love. --St. Francis of Assisi


No comments:

Post a Comment