Friday, June 21, 2013

UPBEAT AND ALIVE!


I am a runner and when I run I love listening to music, but not just any music. I love good christian music that is upbeat, fast paced, and alive. I run several mornings a week at the beginning of my day. The moving music helps me wake up and getting going. It quickens my pace and stirs my soul. Most of the songs I listen to include lyrics that speak of God’s love, power, faithfulness, and goodness. Those lyrics encourage me from deep within, and they help my run go faster with higher energy.

God wants us to be upbeat and alive. He is a God of hope. He is a God of today working in unbelievable and incredible ways. His mercies are new every morning. God is always doing new and greater things in our lives, and if we will trust Him and follow Him we can enjoy heaven’s best.

I have found that to begin my day upbeat and alive sets the pace for a fantastic day. There may be setbacks. There may be unexpected bends in the road, but He is there to see me through. To begin upbeat opens my soul for the good things of the Lord.

Music is a favorite pastime of mine. I love all kinds of music from blue grass to classical to jazz to country to Southern Gospel to contemporary to blues. Of course, my passion is  music that is worshipful and exalts the Lord. 

When I begin my day, I love music that is worshipful, upbeat, and alive. That is how I think we should live our lives. We are worshippers. We should be upbeat. We should be alive. Tomorrow morning, turn on some good music and come alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment