Friday, June 7, 2013

WORKING OUT AGAIN

I am still on my journey to get in better shape. I run several miles several times a week. I do a work-out video several times a  week. I do calisthenics throughout the week, and I am watching my diet also. I've lost about 20 pounds, but losing that last 10 pounds has not been easy. It is still a work in progress.

Having a workout partner helps. Wanda and I work out walking and doing the videos. It is an encouragement to have an encourager who motivates when the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Here is my biggest problem:

Wanda is a great cook.

Monday evening she made a peach cobbler.

Today she made a pound cake.

Do you know how many calories are in that stuff?

Too many!

Here is what I see happening: either I eat less or run more. It is just that simple. I guess I am going to have to cut back and run a little more.

Maybe I'll get Wanda to run more and then she might not tempt me so much with all those deserts. Wow are they good.

No comments:

Post a Comment