Monday, June 17, 2013

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

My daughters, Julie and Jennifer, called yesterday and wished me a Happy Father's Day. Their calls made my day. They are sweet, beautiful, young ladies, and I am very proud and thankful for them. They love their family and are a joy.

Julie sent text cards:




These text cards say it all.

I also called my Dad and wished him a Happy Father's Day. Thank God for his good health and that he is still with us. He is 88 and I am praying that he'll make it to 100. That is my goal too.

We had a long talk and I told him of a number of things that he did for me that I'll never forget and am extremely grateful to him for.

Some of them were:

He took me fishing a lot.
We made and flew model airplanes. I crashed the one he build.
He also took me flying in a small airplane that he piloted.
We made numerous trips as a family. One trip was to California and Oregon and back home to Alabama.
He and mom had more children than just me. I am grateful for my siblings.
Dad as always had a joke that we could laugh about.
God's Word was always read in our home and followed.
We never went hungry or had need.


The list goes on and on. Happy Father's Day, Dad. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment