Henry Ward Beecher said, “The first hour of the morning is the rudder of the day.” What we do first thing sets the pace for the day. Victories or defeats are often determined by what we do first thing each morning. Our attitudes, goals, thoughts, and actions are impacted by our first actions of each morning.
David wrote, "Let me hear your lovingkindness in the morning for I trust in You. Make me to know the paths in which I should walk for to you I lift up my soul." (Psa 143:8)
Here are five essentials for every morning:
- Connect with God: Meditate and pray. Have a brief devotional prayer time and read the Word.
- Rejoice and Give Thanks: This is the day the Lord has made. Rejoice. Be Thankful!
- Receive the Mercies of the Lord: The mercies of the Lord are new every morning.
- Focus on Today. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow will take care of itself.
- Do what is Right: Set your heart to follow the righteousness of the Lord.
David and even our Lord gave special attention to the first moments of each day. They were early morning devotional people. If morning devotions were essential to Jesus and David, they should be even more vital to our spiritual sustenance.
The Lord will defend, bless, and show favor to those who follow these patterns. Read Ps 5: 11,12. Tomorrow is a new day. Set your heart to follow after the Lord. It will make you day go 100% better. God has promised.