Wednesday, May 30, 2012

RAINY DAYS

Thank you Lord for the rain, but what can you do on a rainy day?

Read, pray, study, plan, dream, or uh, maybe take a nap are a few things I like to do on rainy days. I like soup and hot coffee and soft music or a good movie on rainy days. I like the change of pace and the brief break that rainy days bring.

I don't like having to drive in it. Or wade around while making necessary stops. I don't like not being able to take a run or go for a walk, but I do like the fact that yard work gets put off.

We need rain to wash the air and cleanse the environment. Flowers perk up, and grass gets greener when it rains. My car gets a free car wash. The air smells fresh. It gets cooler. Sometimes there are rainbows that brighten the thoughts of future.

We need spiritual rain too. God promised the rain of the Holy Spirit. Oh, what a refresher that is. It cleans the soul, and purifies the heart. It renews the mind, and steadies the walk. It opens our eyes to Jesus. It makes His Word alive. It fills you with love. It points to a clearer path.

I need the rain of the Holy Spirit. Come today, Lord, and water my soul. Fill my cup, Lord, I lift it up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment