Monday, August 30, 2010

WIN EVERYDAY

Champions know the value of striving to be you best all the time, especially during practice. How an athlete practices determines how great a player they will become.

Sunday afternoon I caught a few minutes of a TV program that feature Alabama University football training camp. There were several quotes that stood out during the programs. One was, "Win everyday." Another was, "Winning is why I am here. That is what it is all about."

Now life is far more important that Alabama football. I love football, and I love UA football. But, believe it or not there is more to life than UA football. Here is the take-a-way. Win everyday. Nothing matters but winning.

Really winning everyday means winning Christ. It means living everyday for Him. It means putting Him first. At the end of the day, at the end of life, that is all that matters.

I watched with interest and intrigue the few minutes of the TV program on UA football Spring training. They were passionate, determined, and focused on one goal: winning. All of their efforts with much sweat and blood to win a few football games and hopefully another National Championship. So, at the end of the day does any of that really matter? Well, I hope they do win another National Championship, but that pales in comparison to winning Christ.

I think I need to take winning Christ to another level. After all, that is all that matters.

Win Christ everyday.

Everybody, on the count of three, "Win Christ!"

No comments:

Post a Comment