Wednesday, August 25, 2010

THE BEST RULE

Life has lots of rules, regulations, and demands. It is difficult to remember all of them. There are rules for driving, tax regulations, and city and national laws, and on and on it goes. Just how many laws are there? There are rules for schools, rules for jobs, and rules at home. The list is endless.

But here is the best rule. You only have to remember one. Here it is.

Do to others as you would have them do to you.

That sums it up. That isn't so hard to remember. Treat others the way you would desire to be treated.

I can't help what others do, but I can help what I do. This rule applies to life over and over. This rule works everywhere, for everyone, for every situation.

Now I haven't mastered this rule, but I have determined to work harder at it. I want forgiveness so I will forgive. I like for people to be courteous on the highway so I will strive to drive in a safe and courteous manner. I want to be loved and respected so I will work harder at loving and respecting others.

The easiest thing in the world to do is smile. It doesn't cost much to smile, but a smile can be priceless. Guess what? When I smile, people smile back. That is a great way to live in life. Smiling at others and getting a smile in return.

I love to receive the favor and blessings of others so I will be more generous in encouraging and blessings others.

The Golden Rule works. Wouldn't the world be much better if that was the law of the land? It is the best rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment