Monday, August 16, 2010

LA, LA, LA, LA, LA


Little Claudia held my hand skipping as we walked together. What a joy it was to share time with Lorenzo, their parents, and Claudia. We have just returned from a week's visit with them in the Caribbean.

That afternoon as we were leaving church, I wasn't tuned in to Claudia as we walked with her little hand in my big hand. But, finally I tuned back in to this precious free spirit.

Claudia was skipping along by her Papa singing, "La, la, la, la, la," over and over again.

What peace!

What joy!

What trust and rest!

With not a care in the world she sang, "La, la, la, la, la," skipping with delight along her way.

I began to sing with her, "La, la, la, la, la, la, la....."

I felt peace, joy, rest, trust. We laughed and I even giggled with her. She loved her Papa skipping and laughing with her.

There has to be a sermon in there somewhere, or at least and illustration.

LA, LA , LA, LA, LA, LA, LA.....over and over again, skipping and giggling and laughing as we walked down life's journey.

After all, God is in control. We should trust in Him with the faith of a child.

LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA

No comments:

Post a Comment