Wednesday, January 2, 2013

TRUSTING GOD

Today, Wednesday, Wanda and I have made several visits and have prayed and ministered to numerous individuals who have great need. Their issues are of various natures, and I won't go into the details. What has struck me is the magnitude of the needs. Only God can solve these dilemmas, but He can.

As a pastor, the burdens often come in waves. They come crashing down and can be brutal. When you see people hurting, your heart goes out. Somethings pulls deep within your soul. Except for the Lord, you feel helpless.

I prayed with each of these who were hurting and believe by faith that the needs will be met. It gives comfort to know that the mercy of the Lord covers our frail, inept ways. God is a loving, heavenly Father and does play games with our hearts or heads. He covers us when we don't have it all together and stand empty handed. He helps us in our weaknesses. In fact, He has promised to become strong through our weaknesses.

This year I have resolved to pray more, to pray early, to pray with greater fervor and in the power of the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit praying becomes our helper in time of need. When we don't know how to pray, He prays through us and for us. He prays the mind of God. Then, and only then, can we know we are praying to will of God.

I am trusting God even though I don't see, hear, smell, or feel the answer. I am trusting in His grace and mercy. He has promised to give them every morning. Today I really needed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment