Friday, January 4, 2013

STRESS RELIEVERS

One of the more interesting Christmas gifts that I received this year is a little squeeze ball which fits into the palm of your hand and squeeze to help relieve stress. It is cute, neat, and helps, at least a little bit. Why did Mom Davis give it to me? I'm not sure unless she thinks that pastors or specifically I need to release stress.

I have used it a few times. It helps strengthen one's hands. It is a mental distraction. It gets your mind off of stuff. I guess that helps relieve stress. It is a kind of hands massage.

I like the gift, but there are other ways to get rid of stress. Here are a few:

 1. Rest.
 2. Hobbies.
 3. Reading.
 4. Memorizing and quoting God's Word.
 5. Enjoying the presence of God.
 6. Worship and praise.
 7. Thinking on good things.
 8. Counting your blessings.
 9. Exercise.
10. Productivity.

To be honest, my heart has been heavy in recent days over extreme needs I see in others. I suppose it is the pastor side coming out. The pressure and stress of carrying other's burdens can be too much. I know that has happened to me, but here is the deal. I know the ultimate burden bearer. His Name is Jesus. He has told me to cast my cares and worries on Him.

Today, I do that again. I give my needs and the needs of others to Him. That is better than squeezing a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment