Wednesday, June 6, 2012

WHO DO YOU TRUST?

The ability to trust is invaluable. It makes marriages work. It is the only way business can function. Dependability is vital for a long trip in your car. Trust is the only way you can do banking. There are few things that survive without a measure of trust.

Who or what do I trust?

Wanda, my kids, family, close friends, wonderful church, are the beginning.

It is hard to put trust in government or politicians.

Trust is earned. It takes time to determine trustworthiness. It is easily lost. Sometimes it can be regained, but it takes time.

We are told to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and not to lean on our own understanding. Often we get into trouble over that one. It is so easy to allow our own understandings overshadow what God's Word states. That is a huge mistake.

I am learning more and more that I do better to first go to the Lord, get His plans, and let Him bless. It doesn't work well to try to get God to bless what I plan or what "my understanding" is.

God knows best. I will put my total trust in Him. Believe me. That is a daily effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment