Monday, June 4, 2012

A PRAYER IN THE NIGHT

Sleep is a wonderful thing. God gives sleep. It is His will. However, sometimes He disturbs our sleep for a reason. Sometimes He wants to talk to us. Sometimes He awakens us for a purpose to help others.

Since Wanda and I have been married, my sleep has been so much better. I rarely get up in the night. I don't eat twinkies. I usually sleep all night. She has prayed for me and helped me. That is a real blessing.

Recently I woke up around 1 AM and could not rest. I quietly slipped out of the bed so as not to disturb Wanda. I was burdened to pray. I prayed in the Spirit. God was praying through me. It was deep. It was earnest and heartfelt.

After a long season of prayer, I felt peace and went back to bed.

I was at rest. I won't go into details, but later I found that my prayers had been answered. There was a need in the night, and God met that need.

Good sleep is wonderful, but answered prayers are better even if we have a short night.

No comments:

Post a Comment