Friday, June 22, 2012

I LIKE THIS

In one of my devotionals that I read, it recently included the following. These are good words:


William Arthur Ward wrote: 
“Believe while others are doubting. 
Plan while others are playing. 
Decide while others are delaying. 
Prepare while others are daydreaming. 
Begin while others are procrastinating. 
Work while others are wishing. 
Save while others are wasting. 
Listen while others are talking. 
Smile while others are frowning. 
Persist while others are quitting.” 

If you study each phrase you will find the roots of each thought can be found in the Bible. 

The subject of each phrase is understood. It is YOU! The point is that each of us have responsibility in life. While I trust God to work on my behalf, He gives breathe, strength, ability, and opportunity for me to choose, initiate, and work-out my own "salvation". No, I don't mean to imply soul-ish salvation, but rather the daily working out of my life. 

Choice is such a powerful issue in life. What we choose to think, say, act, and live determines our daily destinies as well as eternal destinies. 

Here are the verbs of each phrase. They are:

BELIEVE
PLAN
DECIDE
PREPARE
BEGIN
WORK
SAVE
LISTEN
SMILE
PERSIST

WOW! I see a progression of action that leads to daily and eternal success. I pray today that God will help me to work out my salvation in every issue, part, and parcel of my life.

What about YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment