Monday, September 28, 2009

LIFE AND SCRABBLE

Norma and I completed our best of three games of Scrabble and I am proud to claim the championship. She won the first game, but I won the next two so that makes me the champ. We had fun playing and the games were close.

Life is like Scrabble. In Scrabble, like life, you don't get a choice in the letters you draw. You have to play with the luck of the draw. Scrabble turns into a game like life in that the words are the letters you play. Scrabble is chance mixed with choice and skill. In life we have to play with what we were born in talent, skill, and abilities. That is just the way it is.

Norma won the first game by forcing me into playing my words so that she would get "set-up" to get to use the double and triple word spots. Now isn't that kinda like the way the devil does it. He sets us up so that he wins and we lose.

No, I am not saying that my precious sister, who is as old as I am, is the devil. No she is a wonderful, loving sister who just likes to win at Scrabble. But she did set me up to give her the bigger scores. That is until I got wise to her ways.

Now that is what we have to do with the devil. We have to get wise to his ways and turn the tables on him. We need to know the cunning ways of the enemy of our souls. Life is far more important than Scrabble, but we must learn about life and how to stay ahead of the enemy of our souls.

There are many other analogies between life and Scrabble, but to draw all of the conclusions would really begin to sound like a sermon and I would have to include a joke and a poem. I will stop now.

1 comment:

  1. Tomorrow you will be "60" and I will still be "59"!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete