Monday, June 1, 2009

STROLLING ON THE ST. JOHNS RIVER


Jacksonville's St. Johns River is beautiful! I love to walk the Acosta and Main Street Bridges and Sunday evening we took at river stroll with Alex. Yes, Wanda has an Alex and I have an Alex. We now have two handsome grandson's named Alex. 

There were tall sail ships and tours and free rides, but we were late getting downtown and missed the opportunity to enjoy a sail. We did ride the water taxi and took in the beauty of the tall buildings divided by the river.


Still the evening walk was fun except we didn't talk the best walking shoes and Wanda got blisters. I asked her if she could walk in her sandals and she thought should would be fine. Toward the end of the walk, she had blisters on both feet.

Our Sunday evening outings haven't been too good to her. First a black eye on bikes and now blisters on both feet. 

Not Fun!




But the stroll gave us fresh air and good exercise.

Enjoy the pictures, but you will have to get your own fresh air and exercise.

The next Sunday outing we will have to be more careful. What else can Wanda hurt? I have to take better care of her. 


She is a jewel!



On a sad note, the little birdies are gone. The wren nest in the geranium is empty with no little wrens in sight. They probably had a ill fate with a snake or some other critter having a lunch of them. 


By the way, do snakes have butts? When I was at the Jacksonville Zoo last week, I over heard a kid asked his father that question. Kids say the most amazing things.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures!

    And I'm sorry for Wanda getting hurt. My fiance jokes a lot about my ability to get hurt pretty much anywhere. Twisted ankle walking down the stairs. Black eye walking through a door. I even managed to fall off the couch once and bruised my leg. He says he needs to buy me protective padding and make me wear it constantly. :)

    I'm so glad to "meet" your new Alex and see how your family is happily blending.

    All best,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca Kristy's sisterJune 1, 2009 at 8:22 PM

    "Blackeyes and Blisters" - sounds like a country song to me. The pictures are beautiful; Alex is cute; Wanda is wonderful, and yes, you need to take good care of her. Looks like y'all were having a good time, and I am so glad and happy for you both.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete