Friday, June 5, 2009

A SWEET TRIBUTE TO KRISTY

I recently received the following note from Louise M. Gouge, a writer friend of Kristy,  that is so very special. Louise is a multi-published, award-winning author, and college English professor.  Her note reads:


Dear Milton:

Enclosed is a copy of my novel, Love Thine Enemy, a Steeple Hill Inspired novel to be released July 2009.

I am sending you this book because Kristy was responsible for my writing it, and I dedicated it to her. Even though I've lived in Florida for almost thirty years, it took Kristy's urging for me to write about my own state. I will be forever grateful for the day she approached me at the 2005 ACFW Conference and invited me to be a part of a Barbour anthology with her and two other Florida writers. The anthology wasn't accepted, so I went on to write my novella as a full  novel for Steeple Hill. This is my latest effort to make history fun through fiction. And I owe it to Kristy!

God's blessings to you, 

Louise M. Gouge

*** 

Here is Louise's book dedication as she wrote it to Kristy:

To Kristy Dykes (1951-2008), a godly, gifted author who encouraged me to write about Florida, her home state and mine. Kristy was a beautiful Christian lady, a light in my life, and in the lives of countless others. She is greatly missed by all who knew her.

***

Milton, here:

I will admit I wept when I read Louise's words. They were so touching and so true.  Kristy was all she wrote and far, far more.

Wanda held me as we wiped tears together, and then we gave thanks for a life which was lived to make a difference. 

Thank you, Louise, for remembering and caring. My daughters, Wanda, and I look forward to reading your book. I love the title. I am sure it will be a great read.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Milton and Wanda, I was very touched to read these comments from Louise. I will look forward to reading her book. Yes, Kristy inspired and encouraged so many of her writing friends in ACFW, me included. I still think of her so often and thank the Lord for her godly example and words of encouragement.

    I enjoyed scrolling down through the latest blog entries and catching up with you and your family.
    Blessings,
    Carrie in NJ

    ReplyDelete