Encouragement is a difference maker. A good work spoken can lift the spirit, release new hope, strengthen, and propel to a better future. Everyone needs encouragement. Kinds words shared at critical times can foil failure and compel the discouraged to become more than a conquerer.
How can we encourage? I am glad you asked. Here are a few ways.
1. Say thanks to someone doing a new or hard task.
2. Say thank you for jobs well done.
4. Smooth over a failure of a friend or stranger.
5. Offer a cup of cool water to the heavy laden.
6. Be a peace maker.
7. Speak truth in love. Make that lots of love.
Paul wrote that we should encourage one another. He shared:
Serve one another-Gal. 5:13
Bear with one another-Eph 4:2
Forgive one another: Eph 4:32
Submit to one another: Eph 5:21
Comfort one another: I Thess 4:18
Edify one another: I Thess 5:11
We are further told to greet one another, be hospitable to one another, to consider one another, and to encourage one another. Over and over we are told to love one another.
The truth is we need one another. No one does well on an island alone. Everyone is important in God's KIngdom.