Wednesday, October 26, 2011

THREE CHEERS FOR DAD!


My father, Oscar Milton Dykes, served in the Navy in WWII. He served at the end of the war in Pensacola, Fl. Through the years I have heard his stories of Navy service and have been thankful and proud of him. He gave his time and service in an admirable manner.

Now he is planning a trip to Washington D.C., to visit the WWII Memorial. On Thursday, dad will be going with some 100+ other WWII veterans provided for them free as a honor for their service by the Ocala Veterans Honor Flight. They pay all the expenses for the veterans and give them a great day.

Salute!

I admire and appreciate Dad and all of our veterans for the sacrifices they made. We enjoy freedom because they gave. We all owe them a deep heart felt thanks for their efforts.

Some gave their lives and died on foreign soil. Some received war injuries. To all we say again, "Thank You" for a job well done.

I wish I could go with dad on this trip. It isn't possible, but I do want him and all of our servicemen and serviceladies to know that I am grateful to live in the greatest nation in the world. They helped make it the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Thanks, Dad. I love you and am very proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment