Monday, November 22, 2010

$35 FOR A $184 TICKET

Mark, Wanda's son, and I went to the Jags game yesterday after church. We had a wonderful service of worship, thanksgiving, praise, and testimonies. Several were baptized and the music was outstanding. I spoke briefly, but the primary part of the service was thanksgiving testimonies.

After church, Mark and I headed down to the Kings Ave. parking garage and caught the bus to Everbank Stadium. I didn't have tickets, but with a little wheeling and dealing, I bought tickets that put us on the 20 yard line.

The weather was gorgeous and the game went back and forth. It looked as though the Jags were destined to lose. The Jags had six turnovers and were behind with less than three minutes to go. But our running back caught a short pass and ran it 75 yards to the half-foot yard line. Two plays later we scored and won 24-20.

Mark and I had a great time at a great game.

Oh, Mark shared a few moments in church. He did a super job.

When we arrived at the stadium, I found a seller who wanted $60 bucks for a $84 dollar ticket and I got him down to $50. That wasn't as good as a ticket I bought two years ago for a Dallas Cowboy game. I went to the stadium hoping to get a ticket, but there were no tickets to be had.

As I was leaving, I overheard a guy walking behind me mention to his buddy that they should sell their extra ticket. I turned around and asked him how much he wanted for it. He said that it was a ticket on the 45 with a face price of $184. He said that he would take $50 for it. I asked if he would take $35. He said yes.

It pays to ask. You have not because you ask not.

No comments:

Post a Comment