Wednesday, February 17, 2010

HUFFING AND PUFFING

Getting back in shape is tough.

Thankfully through the years I have exercised regularly by playing tennis, jogging, biking, and doing sit-ups and pushups, yard work, and other various forms of exercise which have all helped me stay somewhat within the suggested weight rage for my height and age. But the last couple of years I have let that slide and now I weigh the most I have ever weighed in my life!

So what to do?

I went on a Daniel fast the first three weeks as the year began by leaving off sugar, sweets, breads, meats, and drank only water. The problem with that is Wanda cooked some incredible meatless meals and I didn't lose much weight. The good news is that I stopped gaining.

Now, I am watching my diet, staying off sugars, and adding some exercise.

We have three different exercise tapes that we slide into the media player of our TV and we'll do anywhere from one to three miles of walking, stretching, and using a stretch band. The stretch band adds to the workout and develops the muscles while getting a great cardiovascular workout. It has been too cold to get aside early in the morning so we have been working out inside with the exercise tapes.

I hope to lose 15 to 20 pounds in the next few weeks and get back into better shape. They say a habit takes three weeks to form and I found that to be true in the tree week Daniel fast. After three weeks of leaving off sugars and desserts, habit patterns began to develop that are setting in as a permanent lifestyle.

Oops, I did slip over the Valentine weekend as Wanda made a peanut-butter pie. Wow! Double Wow!

If I don't lose the weight now, then when?

So I am huffing and puffing and blowing the fat away.

1 comment:

  1. Milton,

    Tim and I started Weight Watchers in January 2009 and as of today I have lost 43 pounds and I think he has lost a total of around 20 pounds. (He gained some back when he had to go to school in Maryland.) I swear by it and you can eat anything you want...just in moderation! Just a thought! Happy dieting and exercising!

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete