Thursday, February 26, 2009

HARD WORK BUT GREAT RESULTS

Man, I am sore. 

My right arm has been stretched upward for hours as I have painted the new molding added to the crown molding in my family room, kitchen, living room, and dining room. It has taken three coats of paint and lots of elbow grease--my elbow grease. It looks great and has added more elegance and warmth to the house.

When we bought this house, we did a major renovation and removed walls, added space to the master closet, closed a door and added a door in the house office, painted throughout, put new carpet and hard woods as well as some new tile. Four years have passed and the kiddies' visits all their fingers prints have necessitated painting again, and in four years I hope they have messed it up again. 

Here are a couple of pictures of the partially finished work. I still have some work to do, and incrementally it is happening. What is the saying about light work? "Many hands make for light work." It is true.

Thanks to Rebecca, Terry and Sandra, and Randy along with my good friend Bill Watson for helping brighten up my home.




1 comment:

  1. Love the crown molding and the columns. I have not installed columns in a house since I did in a hose on Wheeler Hill, here in Columbia. This owner had marble floors and countertops! What a house. Your colors look good with the contrast od the bright white trim. I am sure the fingerprints will cme back, with the next grandchilds visit! God Bless,
    tom

    ReplyDelete