Wednesday, March 6, 2013

LTTLE THINGS

Little things add up to big things and some of the little things turn into big issues.  But, little things handled one at a time never add up. They go away because they are dwelt with in the moment. Thus, they pass into oblivion.

Little things like clutter can become big things like junk or junked up. But clutter picked up ends in a moment. Clutter goes away at the end of the day if you go through the day removing it. It never becomes big. It doesn't take hold. It doesn't become a huge mess.

I can't imagine living in a cluttered up world. I can't imagine the stress that comes when all that little stuff turns into boxes like they do with people that hoard. I have seen pictures of people's homes who live like that. What a mess.

I guess that all those little things get so big that it seems hopeless. They don't see a way out. So, they add to the mess by piling on more little things on top of all the big things they came from previous piles of little things. Life doesn't have to be that way.

Little things add up in the spiritual world too. Little foxes spoil the vines. It doesn't take an elephant to destroy a field. Little foxes can get in and make havoc.

Is there such a thing as a little sin? We see big sins in others, but excuses and justification in ourselves.

Someone said that we judge others by what they do, but we judge ourselves by what we intended to do. There is a significant difference in the judgement of ourselves and others.

So here is the take-a-way:

Lord help me to keep the "little things" swept out of my life. Don't let the spiritual clutter build up so that sadly one day I feel hopeless in all the tangled web of sin. Keep sin, period, out of my life so that I don't hurt you, myself, and those dear to me.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment