Wednesday, July 11, 2012

TENDER HEARTS

We are having our annual Kid's Crusade this week at church. It is our version of VBS, Vacation Bible School, that we used to have in all our churches. Some still do it that way. The kiddies love it and have a great time. It is lots of work and effort on the part of many within our church.

It is worth it?

Yes!

Why do we do it?

Because small hearts are big sponges. They soak up whatever is around. They have open hearts with lots of faith. The question is where will they put their faith? Who will fill their hearts? What will they believe?

I accepted Christ into my heart when I was around 6 or so. I still remember the feeling that I had of Christ coming into my life. I knew that I was forgiven. I knew God was alive. I knew that I was saved. No one will ever convince me otherwise. I know what happened.

Each night this week I have watched little ones with open hearts invite Christ into their lives. I have seen their tears. I have noted the change. I have seen into their tender hearts.

Again, it is worth it all.

We have two van loads that we pick up from apartment projects to come to our church. Many of them are immigrants from Africa. Their lives have been impacted by war, hurt, and disappointment. But here they are finding Christ's love. It is a breathe of hope and a better destiny. It is giving them eternal life.

One of them told me Monday night that this was "the best church I have ever gone to." His life is being changed from the inside out. That makes it worth it all.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I use to love VBS growing up in my home church. They made great memories and I leaned so much. It was fun too!

    Kudos to you and your workers!

    ReplyDelete