Wednesday, April 4, 2012

THREE WONDERFUL YEARS OF LOVE

Love is what love does. That is a true statement.

Daily Wanda tells me that she loves me, and after I tell her in return that I love her then I will say, "I know you love me because you show it every day."

Love is a verb. It is action. It moves. It stands. It gives. It is kind, patient, persevering, and thoughtful.

Love forgives, forgets, and forbears.

It comes in when everyone else goes out.

It understands. It waits. It listens. It is selfless. It doesn't' keep score.

These are just some of the qualities I enjoy as the blessed husband of Wanda.

Yesterday we celebrated three wonderful years of marriage. It has gone by so fast. That is what happens when you are having fun.

I read the funny about the man who's doctor told him he only had 6 months to live.

The man asked what he should do?

The doctor said, "Quickly, go find a woman with 17 children and marry her and move to North Dakota."

"Why would I ever want to do that," the man asked his doctor?

"Because that would be the longest six months you will ever live," responded the doctor.

Ha! That sounds like it would be true.

But, when you're having fun time flies, and I am having fun. These three years seem like only days.

I have enjoyed three wonderful years of love. I look forward to many more years of years of love with Wanda. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment