Friday, February 24, 2012

SEVEN LONG MILES

I ran seven miles early Thursday morning before work. The first half mile looked impossible. I kept thinking about the six plus miles to go, but I kept running. I passed the 1 mile marker. Then I passed the 2 mile marker. Then I went on to 3 miles, then 4 miles, then 5 miles. Then it got a little harder, but I kept running.

The extra exercises that I have been doing is strengthening my core muscles. They are getting stronger each day which makes me feel better and helps in these long runs. The stomach and trunk of your body are vital in carrying yourself. It is amazing how much better I feel, and how stronger I feel.

Wanda was working in our home office and watched as I completed my run coming back towards or house. She told me later that she couldn't understand why anyone would put such stress on themselves in running 7 miles. She does support me in running, but she also sees the strain it takes.

Yet, anything of value in life requires sacrifice and effort. What is the old saying? "No pain, no gain."

Well I did finish that 7 mile run. It was tough, but I did it.

Now, I just have to work a little more to get up to 9.3 miles. I believe I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment