Monday, February 20, 2012

MORE CAMPING

I went camping Friday night with our Royal Rangers, a program for young boys in our church. There were 12 or so of them as well as five or six adult leaders. Royal Rangers is a tremendous ministry to train and nurture boys into adulthood.

We left the church around 5 PM just as it started to rain. They asked my to pray over the trip before we loaded up, and I prayed for a safe trip, no rain, and that all would go well. As we loaded up it began to rain harder. The longer we traveled the harder it rained. I thought that maybe I shouldn't have prayed for no rain as the boys would wonder whether God heard my prayers or not.

We drove for about an hour and a half to get to the camp site. It rained all the way until just before our arrival. Then it stopped! Praise God!

We didn't have to set tents up in the rain or mud. Late in the night, I heard a very slight drizzel hitting the tent. It was only for a few moments and then it stopped. That was the extent of the rain.

Rain and camping don't go together very well. I was so thankful for good weather, and that maybe some of the guys would realize that God does answer prayer.

All the little guys had a ball, and the men seemed to enjoy the outing too. Camping is a nice way to get away from the hustle and bustle of life. It was a nice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment