Monday, February 6, 2012

BREAKING THROUGH BARRIERS

While training for the 15K Gate River Run, I have hit the wall several times. What I mean by that is I find myself running out of steam before I complete my run. I run out of gas. I find myself used up. I can't seem to go farther.

Thankfully, only one time have I not been able to finish my planned run. That day I just ran out of gas. I quit for the day.

Most runs I will reach that tipping point of not being able to go farther and then get a second wind. I break through the barrier. I just keep going and press on. It isn't easy, but it is doable.

Life is like that too. Sometimes it seems we just can't finish. Life can be tough. The obstacles become too high and too hard, but there is a way through.

In one of my previous Gate River Runs, I was within a half mile from the finish and felt I was about to collapse. I had run about 9 miles. I was exhausted. I could see the finish line, but it seemed almost impossible to reach.

Then I heard a voice behind me. At first I couldn't make out what was being said. It was being repeated over and over. Then, just as a young woman passed me, I heard her repeating, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Over and over she was repeating those words.

I caught a second wind and finished the race. Those words gave me the boost I needed to finish the race.

Through Christ we can do all things. We can break down and pass through barriers. He gives grace, strength and ability.

So repeat it with me, "I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST....."

No comments:

Post a Comment