Wednesday, February 22, 2012

MORE TRAINING

I am running longer runs training for the 15K Gate River Run which will be Saturday, March 10. When I started training again back the first part of January, I strained somewhat to do a slow 2 mile run. Now I am running 5 and 6 mile runs with relative ease and running at faster paces.

They say little by little that anything is a cinch. There is a lot of truth to that. Incrementally you can get a lot done. I think that sometimes we see a mountain and cannot conceive how to overcome it. I've heard that the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time. Ha!

People refuse to start big things because they often seem totally impossible. But the first step must be taken to start any journey and repeated steps lead to a completed journey.

I cannot tell you how many times I have thought it was too cold, or I was too tired, or too short of time, or too challenged to run. However, breaking barriers takes disciple.

Wanda has me getting up earlier to do workouts to strengthen my muscles which will help in the run. I am tightening up stomach and core muscles as well as arm and leg muscles. That just gives strength to help in the running.

The big plus is that I feel stronger and better and enjoy my day more.

The Bible says that physical exercise profits little, but someone else said that we need that little. That is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment