Friday, September 30, 2011

HOMECOMING!

Wanda and I are headed to Elba, Al, to preach their annual homecoming service. I was their pastor in the mid-'70's. That was a special time in my life. My second child, Jennifer, was born while we were there, and I led the Elba First congregation into a church relocation and building program. I have many fond memories there.

Coffee County is famous for peanuts. I love peanut butter, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and peanut butter pie. Delicious! Oh man, hope somebody makes a peanut butter pie for Sunday lunch. I know they will have banana pudding. Yum!

Seeing old friends and wonderful church people will be most special. They loved us and cared for us. I can't understand why they let a 26 year old kid be their pastor. Can you believe it?

While I was their pastor, God spoke into my heart that He would use me in writing. I developed a love and vision for sharing my thoughts on the printed page. Amazingly, beyond what I could imagine, God turned those dreams into reality. Vision and dreams propel us to a better end, if they are from the Lord.

I am looking forward to a great time in Elba.


No comments:

Post a Comment