Monday, September 19, 2011

ENCOURAGING WORDS

Good words spoken in due season have power to change lives. Encouraging words are like rain on dry plants. They water the soul and give life to the dry heart. The give courage to the weary traveler.

Once when I was a young teenager, I missed the last question of a Bible state quiz championship playoff game that cost our team. We lost because my mind went blank. It was in front of hundreds of people. I was deflated and defeated.

After the quiz was over, I went to my seat in the audience. I was embarrassed and wanted to hide.

But an old minister, leaned over to me and spoke encouraging words and helped my wounded feelings and spirit.

I have never forgotten that moment of encouragement. It helped me try again. I got over my defeat and discouragement.

That is the power of an encouraging word.

No comments:

Post a Comment