Friday, September 9, 2011

REMEMBERING 9/11



I remember 9/11/01 as if it were yesterday. We will all remember where we were and what we were doing on 9/11 for the rest of our lives. I was at home and turned the TV on just as the first attack had occurred and was being reported. I never turn the TV on in the mornings, but I did that day. I thought I was watching a promo for a movie. It was surreal. It took a few moments to realize this was real, not a movie.


It is an unforgettable date. It is like Dec 7, Pearl Harbor Day or Nov 22, the day President Kennedy was shot. Those dates are indelible.


Once I ate dinner on the 109th floor of the World Trade Center. It was expensive and very high up in the air. I have flown on airplanes that didn’t get that high. I remember thinking that if terrorists were ever to knock down on of those buildings that it would be a world changing event, and it truly was.


But what do these unusual dates mean to us? What should our responses be? What should good Americans or good Christians do?


We can remember. Pay respects. Show honor. Give thanks. Reflect. Move to right action.


But our greatest need and greatest response or action should be prayer. America needs prayer. We are in a battle for our survival. It is a war against terrorist and a war against spiritual attacks against the very fabric of society. Neither war will be won without prayer.


This weekend, join with me in renewing efforts in prayer for our Nation. Let’s humble ourselves and pray. Let’s turn from sinful ways. God will hear and answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment