Wednesday, September 7, 2011

HELPING HANDS

There is a difference between a handout and a helping hand. Handouts don't mean much and that don't change much. They often are appreciated, and they are quickly forgotten.

Helping hands pull desperate people out of impossible situations. They reach out with love and compassion because of previous mercy shown them. They see need and do something good. They cannot ignore. Refuse to forget and resist self-pity.

I have been a recipient of helping hands. I know that I would not be here unless they had been extended. They reached out sharing God's love, picked me up, comforted my soul, and gently pointed me in the right way.

Many hands make for light work. Now that is a true statement. Here is another one. Free is better than cheap, but that has nothing to do with this article.

There are many who are hurting and need a helping hand, or maybe an encouraging word, or another chance, or an extra bonus, or just a helping hand.

Offer a kind word to someone unsuspecting. It could make the total difference in their destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment