Monday, August 29, 2011

STEVE IS IN HEAVEN!

Steve Lambert has been my friend since I was a little boy in Montgomery, Alabama. We were in the same Sunday School , attended the same college, did a summer ministerial internship together, and served in the same denomination all of our ministry careers. That is a long time as friends.

Once he came home with me after church when we were little boys, we got into a BB gun fight with a neighbor boy. Oops!

Once when we were college buddies, we arrived late into the night at his parent's house. His mother called out into the night as we quietly walked down the hall to his bedroom, "Is that you, Steve?"

Steve responded, "No, it is the devil."

Once when I was discouraged and felt alone, he came and sat be me in a preacher's meeting. It lifted me.

We traveled in the college choir together. We preached for each other. We shared minister stories. He was a good friend. He will be missed.

He died from the same type brain tumor that Kristy died from, a GBM. But he is well now, and we will see him again.

Thanks, Steve, for being such a great friend to me. I am grateful.

Pray for his precious wife Ruth and their family. They all need God's grace and comfort.


No comments:

Post a Comment