Monday, August 22, 2011

A RESTFUL WEEKEND

Being home has some advantages. You get to sleep in your own bed. If your cook is a good one, then there is nothing like home cooking. And of course it is cheaper to stay at home.

I love to travel, and we have had some great time away recently, but this weekend was a nice time to enjoy being home. We rested, read, watched some TV, and just had a great time.

It was good being back at church. I hadn't preached on a Sunday for over two weeks. Now that is a rarity. I love preaching God's Word, and I have a wonderful congregation who love to listen. I am blessed.

Summer is ending. The kids are headed back to school. Now routines will be more normal.

Oh, did I mention that I enjoyed a nice Sunday afternoon nap? Wanda loves her Sunday naps. That helped top off a restful weekend at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment