Monday, August 15, 2011

HOME AGAIN



Wanda and I made it back home again. Actually we arrived home around midnight Thursday night, but we took off again Saturday afternoon to see mom and dad and be with them in church Sunday morning. I have not done that in years. We enjoyed being at Leesburg First Assembly and hearing Rick, Tricia's husband, preach. I sat with mom and dad and just enjoyed being in church.

As I was looking through some of the pictures from our vacation, these stood out. They were taken at the Grand Canyon at sunset. The canyon was spectacular as the sun went down. The colors was striking.

But the sunset isn't what caught my eye.

It was the American Flag flying at half-mast. Servicemen had died, and our Country mourned. I was enjoying a fantastic vacation in most beautiful part of our Nation because others were making the ultimate sacrifice.

Our flag made me take pause. It made me think again. Freedom is never free. Freedom always cost.

May God comfort the families of our fallen soldiers.

May God keep us free.


No comments:

Post a Comment