Friday, March 11, 2011

READY! SET! GO!

My training for the 15k (9.3m) Gate River Run is done. I'm resting, eating carbs, and picking up my race packet Friday afternoon. Saturday morning I will eat a light breakfast and arrive at EverBank Stadium, the Jaguar's Football Stadium, a little before 8 AM. The big race starts at 8:30.

So, what are my goals for the run?

I have three.

1. Finish the run without stopping or walking.
2. Not throwing up.
3. Beat 1/2 of the runners. (Somewhere around 13,000)

We are having a few friends over this evening for a carb pre-race dinner. That will be fun. Then good night to all, and then hello racing fans!

I claim this verse:

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

Let the race begin!

Now pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment