Friday, March 4, 2011

CHECKUPS

A checkup with my doctor revealed a great report. I've lost 10 pounds since my last visit. My blood pressure was 120/80 and my heart rate was 58. I have a goal to lose another 15 pounds and keep it off. How much do I weigh? When I get back down to 185, I will tell you. That will take some discipline to keep up the exercise and push away from the table.

Checkups are good. It is good to check engine oil, tire pressure, air conditioning filters, and the list goes on.

What is the old saying, "Pay me now or pay me later"? It is cheaper and easier to do proper maintenance and checkups.

How many people have learned the health lessons too late? Too many pounds carried too many years and then pow! It hits them hard.

I have carried this extra weight just these last three years. Most of my life I have been real close to my "ideal" weight, but now I am headed back the right way.

Checkups are good. They show you right where you are. My doctor was real pleased. I am pleased too.

No comments:

Post a Comment