Friday, March 25, 2011

JUST TRUST

There are times in life when all you know to do is trust. You tie a knot and hold on. This week I have talked with numbers of people with issues of life where there are no easy, immediate solutions. For some, they were struggling with health issues and working with doctors playing guessing games. For others, they were facing hard business and financial decisions. For others, there was a clear need of wisdom beyond their ability.

I don't believe that just because we are people of faith that we can expect to speak our spiritual words and all of a sudden have quick immediate answers. For sure, it is wonderful when answers come quickly. But the truth is we should desire His all knowing wisdom to prevail.

But, what about issues with delayed answers? Or maybe no answer? Or even more difficult, an answer that we didn't want?

To me, I have found the only thing to do is trust. To wait and trust Him.

More than once, I have looked upward toward my Lord and shared my heart. I have frankly and sincerely expressed my trust even though I struggled to understand.

There are times when all you can do is to say, "Lord, I choose to trust. I will wait on you."

He has not failed even when I don't understand. I just choose to trust.

Someone wrote:

In happy moments, praise God.

In difficult moments, seek God.

In quiet moments, worship God.

In painful moments, trust God.

In every moment, thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment