Monday, December 13, 2010

LET'S GO TO CHURCH

I am writing this Sunday evening after just getting home from a church gathering. Sundays are super days filled with worship and preaching God's Word. I love it.

Church on Sunday is the place to be. Why stay home, or go fishing, or cut the grass, or go golfing? Going to God's house feeds the soul, renews the spirit, refocuses life. It is the holy day, the Sabbath. It is set apart for the Lord.

Someone asked if it was possible to be a Christian and not go to church? My response is that why wouldn't a real Christian not want to go to church? After all, it is not like this is a bad or boring thing to do. We get to go to the house of the Lord. It is our Lord's house. Wouldn't a follower of Christ want to go to His house?

Church is filled with life. It is a place of worship, prayer, and healing. It is a place to find our Lord. It is a place to bless the Lord. It is a place to bless others. It is a place of miracles and wonder. It is a place to get answers. It is a place to prepare for eternity.

It is Sunday night as I write this and my soul is full. My spirit is lifted. My heart is hopeful. I have been to the Lord's house. It was good. Soon I will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment