Friday, December 3, 2010

JUST ONE DAY

Living multiple days at a time is impossible, but sometimes we try. Some live in the past and let bad memories condemn the present. Some carry the burden of worrying over the future and freeze the moment they live.

Jesus said that today is the day we should give attention. I don't believe our Lord was against planning and preparation, but He knew that it is too difficult to carry the burdens of unreal time. The past is the past, and the future is uncertain.

Years ago I heard someone ask what was it that I worried about 10 years ago? I couldn't remember. The point is that our worries of tomorrow are futile and will pass.

So, here is my admonition for the day.

Live today. Tomorrow will take care of tomorrow. Most of what we fear will not come to pass, and regardless of what the morrow brings, our Lord will be there.

So, it is just one day at a time for me. I can't change the past, and I cannot let tomorrow ruin today.

No comments:

Post a Comment