Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I GOT LOST

My Iphone GPS has some wonderful features, but sometimes it is hard to read, follow, or make heads or tails. That happened to me Tuesday morning as I had to get my car to a garage at a downtown location before work.

I looked up the repair shop on the GPS and headed off to drop the car for repairs. Wanda followed me and the next thing I know I'm speeding in heavy traffic up the ramp to I-95 needing to get over into the flow of traffic. That can be a hassle with morning work traffic. Wanda is behind me and does a good job of keeping up.

The next thing I know I'm in the wrong lane and can't change quick enough to get over to the correct lane to get me where I needed to go. Then I get dumped downtown going the wrong way and am trying to figure out how to go the right way with one-way streets all going the wrong way.

Get the picture.

Wanda is patiently following me around downtown as I am turning and turning and giving her the scenic view of some of the older buildings in Jacksonville. Finally, I stopped and called her on her cell.

Patiently, she asked, "Do you know where you're going?"

Apologetically, I weakly and meekly said, "I think so. I just missed my turn off I-95 and I am having a hard time finding my way to the shop."

Finally, after more turns and u-turns I made it to the shop and left the car. As I got into Wanda's car for her to take me to work, she remarked, "Men, they just can't stop for directions."

I sat there guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment