Monday, January 25, 2010

A BLOWN FUSE


Do you believe in providential delays?

Well, I do. I cannot fully explain them all, but sometimes unexpected delays have unknown consequences. Again, I cannot explain it, but God directs our lives and I believe He allows divine interruptions for our good.

Friday, Wanda and I experienced one of those delays. We had packed "Big Red", our honda goldwing motorcycle, and were headed to Mom and Dad's for a late Christmas. Ten minutes down the rode, I noticed that my speedometer and gas gauge were not working. We backtracked to a motorcycle shop to have the problem checked which came down to a blown fuse caused by a wiring shortage. It was going to take more time to repair than we had so we took our car instead.

It was really hard passing all the motorcycles enjoying the beautiful weather as we drove down and back. Over and over, we both shook our heads wishing we were bike riding. It was a gorgeous day and just perfect for a nice ride.

But, God knows and sometimes blown fuses are allowed as divine interruptions. Obviously I don't know if we were spared other bad problems or even an accident. I do know that I can rest in God knowing that He works all things together for our good.

Even blown fuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment