Friday, July 3, 2009

I FEEL GREAT!

Tuesday afternoon Wanda and I made several visits to see people in a care center and in the hospital. Reaching out to others always makes you feel better. I get blessed more than I think I am a blessing when seeing those who are in need or hurting. I always leave grateful for God's goodness in my life

But Tuesday, I got an extra blessing!

Each room we went to the ones we visited told Wanda how kind, good, and wonderful a man I am. They wanted her to know that she got a good "catch".  She would always kindly respond that she well knew who she gotten and that made me feel even better.

Everyone needs a little pick-me-up every now and then. Tuesday afternoon was my time. 

Of course, I know I found a great "catch" in Wanda. When I visited her church the day they honored her for 27 years of faithful service and work at Bartow First Assembly, I was touched over and over by how much her church family loved and respected her yet after being there all those years. It made me feel I was truly going to be a blessed man by marrying her. 

I am blessed.

God has brought me through a great storm these last almost two years. I still hurt and grieve at Kristy's loss. My girls hurt and it has been hard, but God has been good. He is faithful.

One day we will understand better, but today I can give thanks.

Those visits made me feel great!

Hey, what can I say? I am a nice guy! At least that is what they all said.

1 comment:

  1. Its inspirational reading your feelings. Accept the things I cannot change......and to have faith and belief in God.

    ReplyDelete