Friday, March 30, 2012

THE HAND OF GOD

More and more I am convinced that we live far below what God intends because we fail to pray. Prayer is communication. It is listening and it is talking. Too often we fail to pray. Too often we pray and only talk and not listen. When we talk to God and then take to listen to God, then we can get somewhere.

Have you ever talked with someone and never got to say anything?

Boring!

Rude!

Thoughtless!

That is not communication. It is a one-sided discussion. Even the word discussion is not the right word to describe times when only one person does all the talking.

If we talk to God and then listen, then we truly begin praying. I believe in talking to God, but I am ever learning what I have to say, even though He truly desires to hear from me, is not all that important. What He has to say is what counts.

God cares about big things and little things. He cares about simple and large issues. I can't begin to tell you how I have found that when I truly call on God that He answers and helps.

Wanda lost a small charm not too long ago that I had given her. She didn't know where to look. She looked everywhere she could think that it might be. It was not to be found. We prayed about it asking God to help her find it. Several weeks went by and then one day she spotted something glowing on the floor of the garage. She looked down and there was her little charm.

It was lost, but now it was found!

Would it have turned up anyhow? I don't think so because we had looked and looked in the garage and house. We prayed. She found it.

Over and over I have found that prayer works. Certainly I pray for bigger things and issues than a little charm. The good news is that God cares about little charms and big things.

James said it best, "You have not because you ask not." (James 4:2)

I have seen the hand of God. It points to lost charms and big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment