Wednesday, March 28, 2012

TAKE MY OUT TO THE BALL GAME


I love going to the ball park and enjoying a good ole baseball game. Wanda and I did that last night and watched Florida State University play the Florida Gators at the city baseball stadium downtown. It was a gorgeous evening, and of course we sat on Wanda's Seminoles side. We are definitely not Gator fans, though Tim Tebow almost persuaded me. Not really, though I am a huge Tebow fan.

There is something relaxing to me about baseball more than football or other sports. It is a slower pace. The action is more focused. There are not as many distractions. It just seems more peaceful.

Several weeks back Wanda saw a TV commercial promoting the FSU vs. UF game and mentioned she would like to go. I went down to the stadium to buy tickets and got the last two on the FSU side. I actually told her that we were going to have to sit on the Gator side. I lied with a straight face. She wanted to know why?

I said the tickets were not as much on the Gator side.

She responded, "Cheap tickets for a cheap team!"

Ha!

We enjoy doing lots of different kinds of stuff together. Lots of it is church stuff. Lots of it is family stuff. Some is motorcycle stuff. Some is work stuff. Some is movie stuff. Some is reading stuff. Some is traveling stuff. The "stuff" list goes on and one.

Life is funner when you have a good partner to enjoy it with. I am blessed to have a beautiful, wonderful wife.


"Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game."

It was date night at the old ball game.

Sadly, Wanda's 'Noles lost 4-1. It was still a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment