Friday, June 10, 2011

WORTH THE WAIT

Good things are worth the wait.

My thoughts have been directed toward the command of our Lord for the 500 present when He ascended to wait for the promise of the Father. That promise was the gift of the Holy Spirit. Only 120 waited, but since then untold millions have received the gift.

I was 13 when I received the gift of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. I had prayed and waited on the Lord many times before I finally received. I have never been drunk in my life. I have never drank strong drink. But I was drunk on the new wine of heaven. They had to literally hold me up to help me to my cabin at the youth camp where I was attending. It was the new wine from above.

I began to speak a language I did not know. It was powerful transforming in my life. It was definitely worth the wait as I tarried for the Father's promise.

Pentecost is real. It is real in my heart and life. Praise God for the gift of the Holy Spirit. It is real. It is real. It is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment