Monday, January 17, 2011

REVIVAL MEETINGS

I love doin' church. There is no music like Gospel music. There are no meetings like church meetings. And, I love good preachin'.

We used to have three week church revivals. Night after night we would go. Altar services were long and powerful. Lives were changed. Eternity was impacted.

Now we have church concerts and an occasional revival meeting. I think we need more preaching. Now, don't get me wrong. I love the music and good singing. But preaching the Word convicts and cleanses the soul.

Sunday we had an evangelist preach for us, and the altars were filled with people reaching out to God. There were tears and repentance and lives were changed.

I pray that God will turn the hearts of His people back to the altar and deep, long, soul searching moments before Him. I think our homes would be the better for it. I think America would be impacted.


1 comment:

  1. You're so right. I used to go w/ my neighbors to their two-week nightly services as a little girl. We need more prayer services, too.

    ReplyDelete