Wednesday, September 8, 2010

LET'S PRAY

Prayer is the connection between God and man. Prayer is communication. It is listening as well as talking. Prayer is the personal line that each of us has which helps us know God more intimately.

So, this week is a special week of prayer.

I have chosen to set aside special time this week to wait, listen, share, and receive what God has for me. TV is turned off. Phones and computers and emails are limited. No running to and fro doing this and that. It is a week of quiet time waiting before God.

What are my expectations?

When we wait before God, anything can happen. In fact, nothing much happens of consequence until we do wait before Him.

I really do feel that God has something unique to say to me this week. I do have some things I want to say to Him. There are some goals, dreams, and ideas that I plan on sharing with Him, but most of all I want to hear from Him.

Waiting on the Lord takes patience and sometimes great determination to discipline our lives and schedules.

So this week, the calender is shut down. No preaching, no visiting, no office work, no interruptions. I am waiting on the Lord.

Pray for me.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely pray for you and your family as you have prayed for my gandson Jordan. Ann

    ReplyDelete