Friday, September 3, 2010

FIRST CHOICES

I can't get past this word, choice.

How many choices do we make in a day? Some choices are so subtle and totally unnoticeable that we do even realize a choice was made. I didn't think of about half of what I did this morning to get ready for the day. I just did it, but choices were made nevertheless. Choices were made on what to wear, drive, and do. Some of them I obviously gave attention to and thought about, but so many choices subconsciously just happen.

Subconscious choices are potentially dangerous especially when it comes to eternal consequences. People just pass right over them and make unfortunate decisions.

Here is a great idea.

When choices are made, think God first. What would honor God about this choice. How can I put Him first.

Impossible?

I don't think so because this is exactly what Jesus told us to do. Do you remember His words in Matt 6:33? "Seek first the Kingdom of God, and all these things will be added to you."

God is first. He must be first in our choice list.

Believe me. Everything will then fall into right order.

Give Him the first day of the week.
Give Him the first part of your money.
Give Him the first part of each day.
Give Him first consideration in life choices.
Give Him first choice.

You won't regret it.


2 comments:

  1. thankyou for praying for Jordan, could you please pray that he makes the right choices in his life right now. I really feel that you are helping him by praying for him. with much gratitude, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will pray. May God help him to see our Lord's love and plan for his life. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete